Digital marketing is a strategy that has been proven to be successful for small businesses over many decades. It provides the opportunity for a business to reach a global audience, engage with customers in an alternative way, and tailor the marketing message to each audience. Digital marketing for small businesses is the key point here. Want to learn the basics and then implement them in your business?
Many small businesses struggle with digital marketing because they don’t have the finances to spend on advertising and marketing. Yet, digital marketing can be free or even cost-effective. The most important thing is to know your market and your customers. Small businesses need to use digital marketing to promote their products and services. These tactics can be free or cost-effective, and you should start out with a few before using more expensive ones. The most important thing is to know your market and your customers. As Praxis Conversion, we are here to help you and make your business visible to any potential customers either around your city or country.
A digital marketing strategy for small businesses can be designed around a 5 essential steps:
The first and most important step in developing a digital marketing strategy for small businesses is to plan.
Planning entails laying out the goals and timeline of your digital marketing campaign. Deciding how your strategy will be implemented, and determining the stakeholders in the process.
- Trello, lets users create their task boards with different columns and moves the tasks between them. Typically columns include task statuses such as To Do, In Progress, Done. The tool can be used for personal and business purposes including real estate management, software project management, school bulletin boards, lesson planning, accounting, web design, gaming, and law office case management.
- Evernote, is an app designed for note taking, organizing, task management, and archiving.
- Asana, is a web and mobile application designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work.
- OneNote, is a note-taking program for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It gathers users’ notes, drawings, screen clippings, and audio commentaries. Notes can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network.
Creating is the process of curating, editing and publishing industry relevant information. This includes content to be published on your website, social media, and other channels.
- Adobe Spark, allows users to create and design visual content that can be used for businesses, education, social media, etc.
- Canva, is a graphic design platform, used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents and other visual content.The app includes templates for users to use. The platform is free to use and offers paid subscriptions like Canva Pro and Canva for Enterprise for additional functionality. Users can also pay for physical products to be printed and shipped.
- Scrivener is a word-processing program and outliner designed for authors. Scrivener provides a management system for documents, notes and metadata. This allows the user to organize notes, concepts, research, and whole documents for easy access and reference.
Promoting, process of promoting your content across all channels. Publishing on your blog, sharing on your social media profiles to reach the widest possible audience. Here are the key points:
- E-mail Marketing, is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. It’s a traditional but still an amazing way to get interacted with your current and potential customers. Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform and email marketing service.
- Your Blog: It is the power of promoting your business. People will come to your website and eventually check your blog out, to get information about your skills, knowledge and experience.
- Social Media Profiles: other than blogs, nowadays social media plays an important role in promoting your business online. Creating accurate social accounts for your business is important, but managing them is crucial.
- Re-targeting: Once a customer leaves your website/social platforms without buying any of your services, you need to focus on their needs more than before. This will boost your presence and be a benefit for your digital marketing for small business campaign.
Measuring: tracking the performance of your marketing campaigns is the best way to make sure you are achieving your KPIs and allows you to make data-driven decisions based on what is working and what is not.
- Google Analytics, lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
- Web Analytics & Social Analytics is all about gathering and analyzing data from social networks.
Improving is essential that you improve your content, and the customer experience using the data acquired from your analytics. Improvements made should increase time spent on your pages and the click-through rate.
- Get Involved in Your Community (Engage & Communicate) by participating in local events, publishing ads, and handing flyers.
- SEO Campaigns will help you with finding the best prospective customers. Running a SEO campaign with or without Pay-Per-Click (PPC) option is crucial to improve your marketing campaign.
- Create Engaging Content (For Your Prospects) which is a must-have campaign no matter what your occupation is. Creating the correct content for your potential customers will benefit your business. Also, mobile usage is significantly increasing and people now spend most of their times on their personal phones. They all have browsing and socializing experience through their mobile phones and this will give you the opportunity to get interacted with your current or potential customers. This is also a big plus for digital marketing for small business.
Small businesses are increasingly turning to the internet to promote themselves and to reach customers on a global scale. Many small businesses have difficulty finding their niche in the market, so that affects the success of digital marketing for small business. The internet can offer valuable tools to help small businesses find their niche in the market and create an online presence. Online presence can be used to help small businesses be found by customers looking for their services or product. If you want to learn more about online presence, read our article Is it Worth Creating an Online Presence for Your Business?
Many entrepreneurs, who start a small business, have no experience with marketing and this is where the internet can provide value. Many entrepreneurs are turning to the internet to promote their small businesses and to reach customers on a global scale. Digital marketing for small businesses looks easy, but you might need a professional support.
To sum up, it points out that there are a lot of free or cheap resources for digital marketing for small businesses to have an online presence such as WordPress, Weebly, and Wix. It also points out that there are many free or inexpensive resources for small business owners to get their business online. These include free websites, social media sites, and apps for mobile devices. Having a corporate website is key for a business owner. Read our article Why You Need a WordPress Website Rather Than Others?
Small businesses are reliant on their online presence to gain new customers and promote their products. Over 50% of all small businesses rely on the internet for their primary sales channels, and 22% of all small businesses become successful because of their internet presence.
Praxis Conversion is a brand-new digital marketing agency with a team of experienced digital nomads. We are the bridge between traditional and modern ways of marketing your business. If you are reading this, it means we did a magnificent job. That is a brilliant start, to make us motivated to work with you, and we are ready to get your business back on the right track again!